Designed to increase managerial effectiveness and taught by business leaders and professors from top ranked universities, the NABEF Executive Development Seminar (EDS) for radio and television professionals equips attendees to meet the changes and challenges of the rapidly evolving business environment of broadcasting.
Upon completion of the seminar, participants will:
- Understand strategy and how to manage the strategic planning process
- Gain a greater understanding of the language of finance and learn how to interpret and critically examine financial statements
- Negotiate more effectively
- Create presentations with impact, and communicate messages that will be remembered
- Build a managerial style that encourages enthusiastic participation and cooperation
- Understand how organizational structure and politics can be used constructively to affect change
- Learn about the latest legislative and policy developments impacting broadcasters on Capitol Hill and at the Federal Communications Commission
- Develop a peer network with national and international scope
Participants also have the opportunity to network with high-level staff in the NAB divisions of Government Relations, Legal and Science and Technology.